Vigodsky Pinye Eliyahu Pinchas
Born: 1886
Immigrated: 1906
Arrived: 1907
Residence in the Village:
Occupation: farmer, vintner
Departed to:
Died: 1969
Vigodsky Hillel
Vigodsky Sarah
Davidson (Rivkind) Menachem Mendel
Davidson (Kaymovitch) Haya
    Vigodsky Pinye Eliyahu Pinchas   Vigodsky (Davidson) Pesya    
Children:   De Philippess (Vigodsky) Avigail    Koren (Vigodsky) Yehudit    Hass (Vigodsky) Hillela

Eliyahu Pinchas Vigodsky was born in Boreusk, Minsk district, in Belarus.
He learned in a Russian school and afternoons - with a Jewish teacher. He learned languages, visited courses in economics, political economy and read socialistic literature.
As he began to read newspapers from Berlin and Vienna, he caught the revolutionary ideas.
At an early age he left his bourgeois home and began working as a laborer in Lodz and also joined the "Poalei Zion" party. He was one of the senior activists in the party and organized the immigration of friends to Eretz Israel.
In 1905, he took part in a rebellion against the Russian rule and led the defense of "Poalei Zion". He had been arrested but was later pardoned and released.
In 1906, he immigrated to Eretz Israel and immediately acquired the Hebrew language with which he was not previously familiar. He worked as a farm hand in the orchard of Dr. Mazya in Petach Tikva, and as a guard - in the orchards there. A year later he moved to Rishon Lezion and worked in guarding the vineyards and alignment of the dunes toward building the "Achuzat Bait" in Jaffa (Tel Aviv – at its the beginning) and participated in founding the township Be'er Yaakov. In Rishon Lezion too, he was among the leaders of the "Poalei Zion" activists and - of a bunch of "bare feet", as he was walking barefoot, dressed in a Rubashka (a Russian blouse) and a wide margin hat. On the steps of the synagogue the group used to conduct conversations, debates and poetry and so he won the heart a the 15 years old Pesia; when he came across her father's opposition to their association, he left with her to Petach Tikva, where he financed her studies with his money.
Upon their return to Rishon Lezion the two, got married.
Eliyaho Pinye Vigodsky left the "Poalei Zion" party and his political activities and became a winegrower and farmer; he planted a vineyard and an orchard and developed a mixed farm of all branches. Only his costume he did not give up, a pioneer outfit of the second immigration wave and until the end of his life he used to wear his famous Rubashka.
To the credit of Pinye Vigodsky stands extensive public activity. Shortly after his arrival, the great strike broke out at the winery (1906) when he appeared as a mediator, calming down the turbulent spirits of both sides and brought the strike to an end. In years 1909 to 1929, he was active in matters of security and defense and in 1921 he was elected to head the first Defense Committee in the township. As the committee chairman, he held the key to the government's gun cabinet and "was permitted to call the Military Governor at times of emergency and ask for a license to open the arms so as to distribute them for use"(D. Yudilevitz, Rishon Lezion, 1863-1943, p. 342). Later, he kept a 'sleek' of the "Haganah" in the dovecote in his yard.
For many years he served as vice chairman of the Agricultural Committee and as a School Committee member, which for its (the school's) development he worked hard. Since 1924, he is a member of the Winegrowers ' Association and later, - a member of the Council of the Winery and -the management of "Caramel Mizrachi".
He was elected to the Audit Committee of the Farmers Association and - to the Central Bank's Council. He headed the local Agricultural Fund and was devoted to its development.
He was a member in the Committee "for the Maccabee" and chairman of the Association "Maccabee" in the township.
He took part in the initiative for the establishment of "the Maccabee House" in Rishon Lezion to commemorate the memory of Baron Benjamin de Rothschild and his wife, whose names were painted on the building. He served as a member of the Municipal Names Committee