||Eyal (Rubashkin) Shmuel
Shmuel (Mulik) Eyal was born in Vitebsk, Russia. When he was two years old in 1924, he immigrated with his family to Eretz Israel and settled in Nachlat Yehuda.
He went to the kindergarten there and to the public school "(Haviv") in Rishon Le-Zion.
He graduated from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem in economics and history.
From his youth he was a member of the "Hagana". He took part in the courses for squad leader and commander of a platoon.
He served as a constable ("jhaffir") in the Jewish Settlement Police. In 1946 he was appointed general commander of the "Hagana" in the Rishon Le-Zion area and one year later- as commander of the Efraim district. During the War of Independence he enlisted to Zahal and served as battalion commander in the 152 "Givati" brigade.
For twenty five years and until his retirement from the army in the rank of Brigadier, he fulfilled duties: Chief of civil Defense officer; Commander of the Nahal (Pioneering Fighting of Youth) Command; Chief of Administration branch at Air Force Headquarters; Chief of Manpower Branch (GHQ). Within the framework of his position as Chief GHQ he participated in the consolidation of the organizational and operational doctrine of Zahal's manpower.
In 1970 he was sent as Zahal's military attaché in England and Scandinavia. Upon his return to Israel in 1973 he completed his military service. However, with the outbreak of the Yom Kippur War, he was re-enlisted and was part of the Israeli delegation to the "101 Kilometer Talks" with Egypt which took place towards the end of the war.
During the years 1975-1989 he served as director of the "Hamashbir Latzarchan" store chain. In the capacity of his position there he enforced new management procedures in the company's branches and was appointed chairman of the head organization responsible for all the marketing chains in the country.
Upon his retirement from "Hamashbir Latzarchan", he began to devote all his time to public-voluntary activities: he was member on the presidential board of the nation-wide "Hagana" old-timers ("vatikim"); chairman of the nation-wide "Tzevet" (organization for Zahal pensioners); board member of the nation-wide Israeli National Center War Management in Har Eitan; member of the public council for Commemoration of the Fallen Soldier; council member of the Society for Preservation of Israel Heritage Sites; member of the directorate of the Lady and Lord Sief Foundation.
Due to his activities for the advancement of trade between Israel and England, he was awarded the O.B.E. title by the Queen.
Among his public activities in Rishon Le-Zion he served as chairman of the local "Hagana" vatikim organization; initiated and set up the municipal Absorption Committee and served as its head; was the municipal's representative at the "Assaf Harofe" hospital; chairman Name's Committee; member of the directorate of the Rishon Le-Zion Foundation.
Since establishment of the "Friends of the Museum of Rishon Le-Zion" in 1990 Shmuel Eyal served as its chairman. Within the capacity of this position he devoted much time and thought to advance initiatives and ideas for the development of the museum and expansion of its activities and he also worked extensively in raising donations to execute these plans.
In 1998 Shmuel Eyal was honored with the title "Worthy Citizen of Rishon Le-Zion".