||Haviv (Haviv) Shulamit
Shulamit Haviv, the eldest daughter of Devora and Asher Levine, was born in Rishon Le-Zion.
She was one of the first young children to attend the kindergarten that had just then been founded in Rishon Le-Zion.
She studied at the elementary school (Haviv) and when she graduated, one year prior to the opening of the "Herzliah" High School in Tel-Aviv, she was sent by her parents to continue her high school studies in Geneva, Switzerland. Upon her return to Rishon Le-Zion and for the next three years, she taught French at school. She was among the initiators of the founding of the library in the village. As well, she took part in the activities of "Linat Zedek" – giving assistance to the ill and needy. In 1922, full of pioneering-socialist ideas which filled her heart, and after completing agricultural training at the Mikveh Israel Agricultural School, she placed a request to be accepted as member of Kvutzat Ayelet Hashahar.
In his letter from November 1922, Hatzfeld confirms her being accepted to work in the kvutza. At the same time another letter arrives from Ayelet Hashahar's "Kvutzat Hapoalim" (the Workers' Group) inviting Shulamit to "work as a member" there. However, because of her father's strong opposition, she was forced to give up her desire for the pioneering fulfillment there.
Later, with her marriage to Zerubavel Haviv, she and her husband built their house (at first a shack), located in the heart of the vineyards, in the spirit of national and social idealism, aiming at a simple life and hoping to set up an independent agricultural farm, especially stressing Jewish labor.
In the 1930's, Shulamit was appointed to the "Gan Hahsashuim" (amusement) and Education committees in the village.
After the establishment of the State of Israel, she worked at teaching Hebrew to new immigrants.