||Gissin Arye Leib
Arieh Leib Gissin was born in Yekaterinoslav, Russia. In 1883 he immigrated with his parents to Jerusalem and from there the family moved to Rishon Le-Zion (1887).
Arieh Leib was a farmer and winegrower in the village and served as middle-man between the Baron's administrators and winegrowers. Together with Mordechai Abramovitch, he planted the geranium plant and the two set up the two machines used for extracting the oil.
To his credit are many public activities: he was a signatory on the letter sent to the Baron Rothschild's administrator requesting that the platform built in the synagogue for the clerks be dismantled; in 1906 was among the delegation sent to Paris by the winegrowers and, upon his return, was appointed one of the members of the council of the Rishon Le-Zion and Zichron Yaakov wineries – a term of office he diligently held until his death; was a member of the board of the Union of the Winegrowers Committee; member of the Village Committee; member of the Farmers Committee from 1920-1921; active for the expansion of Rishon Le-Zion's borders through purchase of the lands of Beit Dagan and the "Ahuza" (Sarafand-Al-Harab); employed as a government contractor for the paving of roads and paved Rothschild Street in the village.
Arieh Leib Gissin was banished to Anatolia by the Turks and from there to Kushta and greatly suffered until his return to the country.
In 1921, due to a serious disease, he was brought to Jerusalem where he died and was buried in the Mount of Olives.